We undertake a range of diverse projects across all market sectors. We operate mainly in the UK but we are agile and have a global reach. Outlined below is a brief overview of projects that we have undertaken recently.
Dwr Cymru – Welsh Water
To propose a new FM strategy and operating model based on an Integrated TFM solution that would be agile and respond to customer needs covering circa 40 buildings located in a wide geographical area across Wales.
Key objectives included the procurement of an IFM outsourced service partner; to establish tangible cost savings and working efficiencies; manage and mitigate risks and improve performance.
- Project strategy and programme
- Output based specifications for a range of FM services
- Performance management model that rewards meeting targets and high-performance
- National and agile tender structure, divided into lots to provide a high degree of flexibility
- Tailored commercial schedules and structure to meet the client’s needs in terms of an agile estate
- Comprehensive and robust tender evaluation concluding in a BFO process
- Continued mobilisation and contract management strategic support
Airbus is a long standing client and we have supported Airbus through its Facilities Management change over many years. A holistic and in depth review of the facilities maintenance operation in the early 2000’s resulted in the gradual outsourcing of the maintenance services. Over the next 10-year period. We have provided strategic advice, procurement programmes, auditing and business process improvement services
- Auditing & Benchmarking
- Facilities & Maintenance strategy
- Identification of business improvement opportunities
- Business process re-engineering & change management
- Procurement strategy
- Continuous improvement services
The Welsh Government has been rationalising its estate and spreading its main buildings across Wales in accordance with its Location Strategy for the past ten years. It has reduced its portfolio of properties from circa 90 to 30 in this time, it has exceeded its environmental targets and has a state of the art FM contract that will deliver value, mitigate risk and ensure that the overall strategy is fit for purpose and will suit its needs for the next seven year period.
Evolve has been a key supported and contributor of this process and recently supported the Welsh Government through change in establishing a new facilities, maintenance, professional services and professional estates services contract. We are a key contributor to the Welsh Government’s property success and will continue to do so in the future.
- Business case for change
- Stakeholder collaboration lead
- Business improvement programme
- New FM, Maintenance and Energy management solution incorporating the latest best practice based systems and business processes
- Procurement of the FM services via NPS framework
- QVi & business improvement programmes
Wales Millennium Centre (WMC)
Arts and Culture
The Wales Millennium Centre is the nation's home for the performing arts situated at the heart of Cardiff Bay. One of the UK's top cultural attractions, the Centre provides an extensive programme of world class entertainment, showcases Welsh creativity and talents, partners with international artistic companies, and offers creative learning and community engagement opportunities aimed at increasing accessibility to art and culture. This Welsh landmark has welcomed over 16.5 million visitors since opening in 2004.
Evolve has been a key partner in assisting the WMC in realising its full potential in operating and occupying such an iconic building since it was built in 2005. Evolve has contributed through FM procurement programmes, audits & reviews, development of Service Level Agreements and general professional FM consultancy advice.
- Strategic and tactical audits
- Development of stakeholder satisfaction process & reviews
- Business improvement audits (QVi)
- Core business EFQM based strategic review
- Maintenance reviews
- Complete procurement process
- Development of resident organisation service level agreements (SLAs)
Tower Hamlets is a Local Authority in the East End of London. It’s Strategic Plan represents the council's contribution to delivering the borough-wide Community Plan, agreed by the Tower Hamlets Partnership and in particular how our activity will contribute to making Tower Hamlets:
- A great place to live
- A prosperous community
- A safe and cohesive community
- A healthy and supportive community
Evolve was appointed in early 2017 to develop a new building maintenance strategy and plan for Tower Hamlets role as a Corporate Landlord. The approach was to design and develop a new maintenance strategy and plan along with the existing technical in-house FM team. An output based tender specification was produced that needed to be agile across a portfolio of over 200 very diverse properties.
- Develop maintenance strategy and plan
- Prepared business case to sell the model internally
- Collaborative workshop and presentations
- Facilitated supplier ‘Meet the Buyer’ Days
- Established a tailored commercial model
- Developed an optimum maintenance solution that was tailored to individual property needs
- Prepared the tender documentation
Dyfed-Powys Police: Office for Police and Crime
Dyfed–Powys Police (Welsh: Heddlu Dyfed–Powys) is the territorial police force responsible for policing Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion and Pembrokeshire (which make up Dyfed) and the county of Powys, in Wales. The territory it covers is the largest police area in England and Wales, and the third largest in the United Kingdom, after Police Scotland and the Police Service of Northern Ireland. The force's headquarters are located in the town of Carmarthen.
Evolve was appointed in 2017 to undertake a comprehensive review of the internal Estates and Facilities Department with a view to identifying areas for improvement and thereafter delivering the improvement programme. This was achieved via the QVi stakeholder engagement review, a detailed review of the Estates and Facilities Function and subsequently a prioritised Improvement Programme was rolled out.
- Business estates strategy
- QVi stakeholder and best practice interviews and reviews
- Review of key estates and facilities systems and processes
- Establish a performance score and identify service and performance gaps
- Workshops and presentations
- development of new estates & facilities structure, systems & processes aligned with best practice, current thinking and trends
- Procurement of a hard and soft FM contract
BNP Paribas Real Estate
Real Estate Management
On behalf of The Crown Estate, acting as landlord at St James's, London, BNP Paribas manages a number of prestigious properties. They are responsible for managing the entire range of FM services and service charges in 32 prime locations in St. James’s and the Haymarket.
Evolve is currently supporting BNP Paribas in developing new
cleaning and waste management standards through a procurement process which focuses on achieving the very best service quality and innovative waste management services. Evolve has also undertaken a detailed review of another service line with the aim of significantly improving service and performance.
- Strategic and tactical audit
- Stakeholder review of needs
- Business improvement opportunities
- Business process re-engineering & change management programme
- Collaborative procurement strategy
- Complete procurement process
- Soft services including waste management
National Assembly for Wales
The National Assembly for Wales is the democratically elected body that represents the interests of Wales and its people, makes laws for Wales, agrees Welsh taxes and holds the Welsh Government to account. It has four buildings, three in Cardiff Bay including a state of the art Debating Chamber and one in North Wales
Evolve has had a long standing relationship with the NAW, in fact since its creation in 2007. It is now working with the NAW on its third outsourcing project which involves Professional Works, Professional Estates, Maintenance, Energy and Soft Services. In addition to supporting the NAW through change it has also provided a constant source of general FM advice across many areas of the FM spectrum.
- Retained consultant since 2007
- Procured three facilities and property management contracts
- Reviews and improvement audits
- Established tailored FM systems, processes and solutions
- Developed an optimum maintenance based on best practice
- General FM advisory support